Wood of Fire Shou Sugi Ban boards, thanks to the non-toxic firing process and four-sided impregnation, make the product distinguished by exceptional durability and strength. Shou Sugi Ban boards are suitable for standard cladding types. The installer should follow the same installation guidelines as for traditional wood cladding. The assembly of the Shou Sugi Ban board does not require any special elements or additional tools. A properly designed and well-installed facade made of Shou Sugi Ban boards will make the wood resistant to external factors and will maintain its unique appearance for years.
Installation of the Shou Sugi Ban board
- Before assembly, Shou Sugi Ban boards should be stored in a roofed room in their original packaging.
- System elements made of dry and planed wood should be used for the grate structure.
- The distance between the battens should not exceed 60 cm.
- Between the Shou Sugi Ban board and the insulation layer, there should be a minimum 20 mm ventilation gap (air circulation should be provided under the facade board).
- Self-drilling screws made of stainless steel should be used to install the Shou Sugi Ban board.
- We recommend that the distance of the first Shou Sugi Ban board from the ground should not be less than 30 cm.